The renowned Center for Cell and Gene Therapy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a highly qualified research technologist to work in the laboratory of Dr. Masataka Suzuki. The laboratory’s research focuses on combining cancer immunotherapies, specifically oncolytic viro-immunotherapy and chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy, to improve the treatment of various solid tumors. Dr. Suzuki is planning to further evaluate this dual treatment strategy in small animal models.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Maintain animal colonies.
- Enters data into research database.
- Operates laboratory equipment.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Associate's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Experiences or be familiar with small animal handling.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.