Duties and Responsibilities:
- Request and review student submitted documentation regarding dependency overrides and other special circumstances. Review tax documents and court documents if determined to be needed to process individual student cases.
- Support the review of consumer information, web site information, office publications and forms to ensure they are current, consistent and effective.
- Review and determine validity of data submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and determine when corrections are needed. Process necessary corrections; perform need analysis; determine cost of attendance; package/repackage financial aid.
- In support of federal and state audits, the Assistant Director performs secondary reviews of verification, Return to Title IV calculations, and Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Advise students regarding financial aid for university sponsored study abroad programs.
- Serve as liaison with other university offices.
- Work as a key member of OFAS to support Cardinal Central in providing impactful customer service for students, parents, and others seeking financial aid assistance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Research documentation and obtain enrollment decisions and student academic data in order to determine the validity of an Official Withdrawal. The Assistant Director performs the Official Withdrawal process called the Return to Title IV Funds (R2T4) by using Title IV regulations and calculations. Sales Force, the Access Data Base, ARGOS, and review of Federal Regulations are used to complete the Official Withdrawal process. Contact faculty, the Registrar, and Student Financial Services if necessary during this process.
- Attend professional training to maintain knowledge of federal, state and other program-related information. Attend in-house training for discussions of processes and procedures and provide input for recommended changes.
- Review and determine Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) of students at the end of each semester. Notify students when their SAP status has put them in an ineligibility (Fail) status. Review student academic standing and academic plans (submitted by advisors and faculty). Review and determine future aid eligibility of students who are currently ineligible for financial aid due to SAP. Communicate strategies for successfully maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Promote financial aid awareness through verbal and written communication; this includes admissions outreach events, orientation, high school financial aid nights and other requested information sessions.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.