Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Coordinator I (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:Coordinates and assists with planning, developing, communicating, and administering programs and activities.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Coordinates one or more specialized projects or programs within department or office.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and facilitates departmental projects.
- Serves as communication liaison.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments of the college.
- Gathers and compiles data for reports.
- Maintains and updates database information.
- May research, evaluate, and make recommendations related to project/program.
- May maintain and update website.
- Knowledge related to the purpose and/or content of the program and/or project.
- Knowledge of planning and coordinating related projects and/or programs.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Working collaboratively.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Prioritizing, implementing, and managing multiple projects and due dates.
- Effectively working with diverse and multicultural persons.
- Computer, web and database maintenance skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for travel in the Austin area as required.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Assessing, developing, and maintaining website content.
- Reviewing and preparing narrative and statistical reports and records.
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:June 23, 2023
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.