About City of Hope
City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the U.S. and one of the leading research centers for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses.
Join our team at 1913 Restaurant and Bar! Open 7 days/week 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., we serve our patients, staff, and the general public. This is a day Cook II role with weekend coverage and flexibility to cover occasional evening shifts required. The Cook II has a variety of responsibilities and a typical day could include prepping, filleting, cooking on the line, sauteing, and braising. Learn more about the restaurant and teamhere.For immediate consideration or questions contact our recruiter, Jake Baird[email protected]
** Day shift typically works 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.**
The ideal candidate will have:
· High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
· 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
· Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
· Dedication to our patients and the mission at City of Hope
What we offer:
· Outstanding work environment and quality service at Hope Village Hotel
· Ongoing learning opportunities working with experienced chefs
· Career advancement within a growing organization
· Variety in day-to-day responsibilities
· Benefits package including healthcare, paid time off and retirement
· As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
· This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $20.86 - $24.94 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.