Surgical Technologist II – Operating Room
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
Eligible for Sign On Bonus: $7,500
Join our team as a Surgical Technologist II, where you will play a crucial role in surgical and endoscopic procedure! As a vital member of the Operating Room Team, your responsibilities include setting up and maintaining a sterile field for surgery, anticipating the needs of the surgical team, and assisting in patient care. Your participation in activities to ensure regulatory compliance and survey readiness is integral to our commitment to providing safe and effective surgical care! CLICK HERE to learn more about the Lennar Foundation Cancer Center!
About the OR:
- 3 Operating Rooms and 2 Procedure rooms
- Type of OR cases, but not limited to: Urology, GYN, Breast, Reconstructive Urology, as well as Colorectal, General, and Plastics
- Types of Endoscopic cases, but not limited to: Colonoscopies, ERCPs, EGDs, and Bronchoscopies
- Work Schedule: 3 x 12 hour shifts, 06:30am - 07:00pm (subject to change)
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Assist surgeons/proceduralists during operative/invasive procedure, assuring that necessary supplies, instruments, and equipment are ready and/or available and anticipates such needs.
- Maintain sterile techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in sterile technique and communicates any breaks in techniques noted.
- Assist with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies; Actively participates in turnover processes, stocking of rooms, and proper care of instruments.
Your qualifications should include:
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training; Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 3 years of experience scrubbing major and/or endoscopic cases in a hospital setting
- Current CST (Surgical Technologist Certification) by appropriate accredited organization (highly preferred)
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $30.21 - $45.32 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.