Procedural Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner – Breast Oncology Department
Based in the Breast Oncology Department at our McKinley outpatient location, the Procedure Based (1st Assist) Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner practices medicine within the scope of authority and privileges granted by Moffitt Cancer Center. This OR-based position provides direct patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG) and serves as a member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
- Assists with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
- OR support with first assist for the surgeons in the OR, so everyone can maximize time and efficiencies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world-class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
- Performs surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
- Assists Breast Oncology Surgeons with surgical procedures in the OR; this for the evaluation, management and treatment of patients.
- Work will be coordinated within a team environment to include Faculty, other APPs and clinical support team members.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Advanced Registered Nurse program.
- Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS and ACLS.
- Experience in oncology or general internal medicine; related experience specific to the department preferred.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.