At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Following Magnet® designation and AORN standards, our Operating Room’s skilled interdisciplinary teams perform complex cancer procedures on both inpatient and outpatient adult populations. The Operating Room at Moffitt offers a challenging and rewarding atmosphere utilizing innovative technology and procedures.
The Moffitt McKinley Hospital (MMH) location expands to feature 19 outfitted robotic operating rooms for providing state of the art surgical services! Our minimally invasive cancer surgery and robotic cancer surgery program is one of the busiest in the state and performs complex surgeries on gastrointestinal, urologic, head and neck, thoracic and endocrine cancers. Our operating room is equipped with the latest radiographic imaging technology for image-guided surgery and radiation equipment for an intraoperative radiotherapy experience.
As part of Moffitt Cancer Center’s Perioperative Services, the Operating Room Nursing nurtures our commitment to Patient and Family Centered Care, encouraging family members to participate in patient histories, assessments, education and instructions. Practicing with a Collaborative Team and Total Care Delivery system, our nurses embrace the concept of Shared Governance. This empowers them to be involved in the decision-making process, especially those affecting their practice, acknowledging their clinical expertise and fostering quality performance.
The Operating Room is predominantly RN staffed. We have a Nurse Educator and a Clinical Nurse Specialist dedicated to the continued clinical development of our Operating Room nursing professionals. In addition, we have two full time Nursing Informatics professionals.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Registered Nurse to join our team!
Full Time, Registered Nurse, Position Highlights:
- The Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem-solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 1 - 2 years OR experience
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least 1 year of relevant OR experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant OR experience
- BLS Certification
- Active FL RN License or Multi-state Licensure (Compact License)
- CNOR Certification Preferred
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.