Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Technology Store Manager in daily store operation; knowledge and operations of the Point of Sale (POS) software; includes understanding all store transactions on front and back-end and updating; assist with all inventory processes; includes receiving, set-up, maintain accurate records, inventory counts, reporting, reference sales history, annual inventory audit, and enter adjustments; work with vendors, order products, and set prices.
- Complete the daily deposit process, including creating the deposit report by comparing point-of-sale reports, credit card report, checks and JVs from the previous day’s operations; complete and submit weekly Apple sales report for the previous weeks Apple sales, Apple promotional items and current Apple stock; enter daily department sales journal vouchers based on previous day’s sales by reviewing and submitting the daily transactions (FUPLOAD) and manual entering JVs, when required; enter JVs as requested by the IT Budget Director; enter Dell checks for Hardware Repair; create financial reports as required; maintain detailed record keeping for store functions and special events.
- Provide customer support and monitoring store email accounts for client requests; process and fulfill store purchase requisitions for departmental purchases; process institutional and personal orders for items not in stock; ensure all documentation is completed and items are accurately ordered and followed through from the original quote to delivery.
- Assign and review work, assist with supervising, orient and train student staff, assist with recommendations as to hiring; assist with the end of semester student employee evaluations; coordinate training students in delivery processes, organizing store and product merchandising, restocking, store maintenance, and security; ensure that the store maintains compliance with all license and vendor requirements.
- Assist with college plan ordering, organizing of equipment, record keeping and coordinate delivery of College Plan items that need to be set-up by desktop support; ensure that documentation and record keeping related to daily institutional purchases requiring desktop support are created and devices are delivered to desktop support.
- Complete the required certifications; maintain a strong working knowledge of the store products; assist clients by answering questions; show demo units; approve exchanges, returns and refunds; ensure all are accompanied with proper documentation.
- Manage Technology Store opening and closing; includes being on duty at closing; ensure physical security of store, preparing closing documents; train students in closing procedures; working special events and occasional weekends as needed.
- Design and update marketing materials, as well as the floor merchandising; assist with social media posting, and drafting sales communications; collaborate with manager to create and implement sales plans, projects and goals; represent the Technology Store in a professional manner while following university guidelines. Assist with the maintenance of the Technology Store website.
- Support the Technology Store Manager with the monthly reconciliation for Technology Store department sales and assist with completing the monthly report. Complete the Hardware Repair journal vouchers.
- Maintain and update an operation manual of all the Technology Store functions and processes; maintain the student training manual.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.