- Processes and prepares all tissue for interpretation by the pathologist according to established procedures.
- Performs all routine and special staining, immunohistochemical assays and frozen sections in accordance with accepted practices and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a Bachelor's degree in Health Science or related field.
- Has 3 years previous experience.
- Receives and handles specimens.
- Processes specimens using appropriate procedures for tissue processing.
- Prepares microscopic slides.
- Performs routine staining procedures.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Florida state license as a Histotechnologist required.
- 1 year previous experience required.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.