Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult and offer guidance on compensation policy interpretation, internal equity reviews, market analysis, job evaluation, and other compensation projects and initiatives. Provide professional guidance, coordination, and support in the effective and consistent application of job classification and compensation administration policies and practices. Provide compensation consultation to Human Resources Partners on a day-to-day basis related to compensation and classification, and internal and external market pay competitiveness.
- Build and maintain trust and partner with University Leadership (while acting as an internal consultant).
- Participate in the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs and policies. Implement compensation programs, policies and procedures.
- Conduct job evaluations, job documentation, and salary survey completion and benchmarking. Evaluate jobs and recommend grades and salary levels to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness. Assess jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt.
- Prepare compensation program documentation, training materials and employee communications.
- Support the administration of the annual salary increase process.
- Gather and maintain data to forecast compensation needs; prepare statistical reports regarding compensation. Analyze data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Conduct ongoing data audits ensuring data accuracy and integrity of all compensation related information in all systems, tools and resources.
- Develop and present training sessions to the campus community on topics such as position description development, FLSA, and other related areas.
- Maintain knowledge of and apply federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations. Keep abreast of new and emerging compensation trends, creative solutions, and legislative changes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.