The Ball State University Foundation currently has an opening for a Director of Prospect Management, who will play a key role in what is the most ambitious fundraising campaign in BSU history. If you’re looking for a high-achieving work environment with a culture of camaraderie and a mission to change lives, check out the job details below.
A combination of education and work-related experience may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate and recommend current and potential principal and major gift prospects and assess their ability to financially support Ball State and achieve the fundraising goals of the University; provide creative and innovative solutions to uncover new prospects and increase understanding of current prospects and donor relationships.
- Partner with Principal Giving, Major Giving, and Annual Giving teams to identify portfolio management and research needs; build and monitor prospect portfolios; manage the pipeline process as well as oversee the assignment/removal of prospects from portfolios.
- Lead prospect review meetings with Principal Giving, Major Giving, and Annual giving fundraisers; provide thorough reports that outline officer activity (qualification, cultivation, solicitation, etc.); track and report on progress to management via established metrics.
- Produce and present in-depth research based on data mining and analysis from the donor database and external markers of high-quality donors.
- Lead prospect management/research team and activities; work collaboratively to determine team priorities and ensure timely and accurate delivery of information to chief stakeholders; conduct annual reviews; provide clear direction and oversight of all department activities in order to develop and achieve annual goals, including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Establish and implement departmental policies and procedures and other documents to ensure research meets the highest standards of analysis, writing, and visual presentation; ensure all legal privacy requirements and ethical standards are upheld.
- Introduce and manage special projects which may involve researching new constituents or metro areas, financial trends, industry analysis, and fundraising campaigns; keep current on research and fundraising trends through regular contact with development and research colleagues at peer institutions as well as with vendors.
- Collaborate with Advancement Services to make recommendations for database modifications needed to support effective reporting and analysis.
- Serve as main contact with appropriate vendors related to modeling, analytics, wealth screenings and other prospect research tools and resources.
- Provide supervision of personnel in a professional manner, including interviewing and selection, training, coaching, empowering staff, assigning workload, compensation, performance appraisal, disciplinary action, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.